Fashion is all about dressing your body. If you know your body shape and everyone should then you will be able to find clothes that fit and flatter. Humans come in all shapes and sizes, so how do you find clothes that are flattering to your specific body type? The main thing is to know your proportions, and use fashion to show off your best features and hide everything else.
There are different body types for the ladies and I will tell you the types and a few important tips to consider while styling yourself to look your best:
1. The apple shaped: A shape were your weight is more concentrated on your upper body, busts ,stomach and these are all bigger than your hips or waist. Your best assets are your busts and your legs so if you have this body type, you probably want to emphasize your tight legs and butt, draw attention away from your waist and draw attention to your bust wearing V-necks.
2. The Pear shaped: Your lower body is wider than your upper body in other words, your hips are wider than your shoulders, your bottom is round and your waist is well defined. If this is your body type, there are things you can do to make your hips and butt look slimmer, but some women might want to make their butts bigger. If you want your butt look smaller, go all out for loose fit dresses or skirts and if you want them to look bigger always go for tight fits outfits.
3. Straight/rectangular : With this body shape your shoulder and upper body is about the same as your hips and waist, more like a cylinder, if you have this body type, Your arms and legs are your best assets and you don't have to minimize any body features. Wear dresses that create curves and show off slender legs and arms. Tube dresses and peplum dress makes better senses for this body shape.
4. Inverted triangle: This body shape features a broad chest and wide shoulders which are larger compared to a small waist and hips. Your best assets are your legs so try show them off more often. Steer clear from tops or dresses that makes your shoulder look wider or exposes them like strapless dresses.
5. The figure 8 shape: Lots of fashion stylist call it 'Hour glass shape' I like to call it the figure 8. This body shape has equal hip and bust measurements with a small waist; if you're one of the few lucky ladies with this body type, dress to flatter your beautiful curves. Your best assets is your CURVES! Show them off!! Most outfit you rock will definitely fit you as long as they are fitted and your right size.
6. The Diamond shape: These body shapes features a wide upper body, wide waist and even wider hips they are mostly referred to as the Big Bodied Women (BBW) ladies like Adele and Beth ditto. If this is your body type, then Choose tops with cuts, necklines and A line dresses that draw attention to your bust which are most often your best assets. Accessories like wide belts, chunky necklaces and earrings also enhance these outfits.
If you're a petite woman (short and skinny) avoid full-length coats and maxi dresses - they'll just swamp you. Choose cropped jackets, shorts, and mini dresses to keep your petite frame in perfect proportion. Dressing in one colour or wearing vertical stripes will make you look taller. Try high heels too!
For the men, there's less variation in body type among men than among women, but there's still plenty you can do to balance your proportions.. Men are either slim and tall, slim and short, bulky short or bulky tall ( both with broad waist) or just muscular and athletic build. Which ever body size you find your self, its always best you grab a cloth that fits your size, while doing that, it's important to note that, short men should stay away from large fitting cloths which will make them look shorter and vice versa. If your waist is larger than your chest, you will certainly want to avoid showing your broad waist line.
Comfortable clothing will make you feel better and make you more confident. Consider all your options. Once you've determined your body shape, you can begin to consider which fashion trends to embrace and which to avoid. Spend some time in front of the mirror and do a fair and honest assessment of your body. Then put these fashion tips to work for you!
Keep in mind that if you really want to wear something that this article or any other article says is "unflattering" for you, you should still go on with it anyway. The only thing that really matters is how you feel in your clothes. These are just ideas and suggestions on what will look good on you. Your style is what makes YOU!